In a Submarine
What’s it like being in a Submarine? This pretty much sums it up!
For everyone that has ever asked me ” what is it like in a submarine, here is the answer in terms everyone can understand. How to appreciate what it’s like to be deployed in a nuclear submarine.
1. Buy all the groceries and supplies you think you’ll need for 2 months, with the following exceptions: no milk, cereal, fruits, vegetables or alcohol. Take what you buy home and bring it one item at a time into the house. You may not keep any food in your cabinets or closets as these will be set aside to store spare parts. You may not use the refrigerator as this will be turned into a freezer. Any pre-made candies, cookies, or snacks must be kept in bed with you.
2. Lock the door, close the windows, draw the shades and tear out the phone.
3. Turn on the oven with the door open; turn the air conditioner all the way up. Setup enough fans so that the whole house is windy.
4. Replace all your lights with 100 watt bulbs and turn them all on.
5. You may sleep on any shelf you choose.
6. Whenever you are not asleep, your “bed” must be occupied by any garbage man you do not like.
7. You must wear the same clothes a week at a time. You may do laundry once a month. You must sleep with your dirty laundry in a bag in bed with you.
8. Every week on Saturday morning, you must go to the basement, crawl between the pipes and clean the same 10 foot by 10 foot area for four hours.
9. You may be in the shower for 10 minutes at longest, but you may not run the water for more than 60 seconds.
10. You have one week to study the instruction manuals for every appliance, utility and piece of equipment in your house. At the end of this week you must be able to quote any passage out of these from memory and pass a written exam. Until you can do this, you may not have access to TV or radio and you may not sleep for more than 3 hours at a time, with 9 hours awake between sleeping.
11. After this week, you must walk around the house for 6 hours and record every temperature, pressure, tank level, setting, and complete status of every piece of equipment in your house. You may not go to the bathroom or eat during this 6 hours. These 6 hour periods must start every 15 hours.
12. Once a week when you would otherwise be asleep, take your television completely apart and put it back together.
13. You may not go to the bathroom for one hour after you eat because during that time you have to clean it.
14. Each Monday through Friday morning whether you would normally be awake or not, you must pretend to start a fire in your house, put on a gas mask, and pretend to put the fire out. Wear the gas mask for at least one additional hour each time.
15. Each Monday through Friday afternoon whether you would normally be awake or not, you must study the same instruction manuals for 2 hours that you studied the first week.
16. Continue the above for 3 months even though you have only 2 months’ worth of food.
Below is a “Shitter” in a SUB ” There’s a flashing procedure that must be followed.